Friday, March 9, 2007

The Kids on the Bus Go "HA HA HA"

I've had a stressful and sad week. It really started last Friday but the bitterness and anxious feelings continue to grace me throughout the week.

Wednesday, I didn't sleep. Ok, that's a lie. I did sleep. For 3 hours. It was just one of those nights ("if I don't go to sleep RIGHT THIS MINUTE, I will only get 5 hours sleep" "Damn it, I'm still awake; that leaves me 4 hours sleep" and on and on.). I was functioning through Thursday but with a newly acquired eye twitch. Then Thursday night, I felt the same anxiety creep up on me around 9pm. So I knocked back a couple glasses of wine and was well into my second dream cycle by midnight. Excellent.

What does this have to do with kids on a bus? Well, shut up and let me finish. (Gosh, you people are so impatient. Can't you let a sister tell her story?!?!)
Today was nothing special. I continued with the melancholy in my heart, darkness in my eyes and blur in my head. Fast forward to 2pm. I was scooping up Olivia from school and my new favorite song came on the radio. Lets Get Married remix by Jagged Edge featuring Rev. Run. I know it's not a new song. But it's new to me. And I love it. So there.
I'm getting there. Promise.
Where was I? Oh, old song, new favorite comes on the radio (which it hardly does) and I turn the volume to it's maximum capacity. Then I feel the itch. You know, the dancing itch. Before I know it, I am fully breaking it down in the driver's seat of my car. It's cool, though. Because this bitch is W O R K I N' I T ! If I could have scrubbed the ground, I would have.
Then I feel that eerie feeling we all get when someone is watching us. Like a creepy old guy, or a ghost. Or say...a school bus full of middle school kids.
Dammit. I hate when that happens.
It's cool, though. Because for three minutes and thirty two seconds, I was released from my own pain.
Besides, now 30 twelve year olds have the pricless story about the chubby white chick they saw booty dancing in her car.

No comments: